Nutrition Genetics Testing
Is this the future of health care?
What is Nutrition Genetics Testing / Nutrigenomics?
Did you know your eye and hair color are genetically driven and how you metabolize and use the nutrients in the foods you eat is as well?
Nutrition Genetics Testing, also known as Nutrigenomics is a simple genetic saliva test which allows for personalized nutrition recommendations that are based on YOUR DNA.
Are you exhausted with all the trendy, confusing and constantly changing food and nutrition recommendations? Nutrigenomics takes those for profit and generic population based food and nutrition recommendations makes them personalized to your genetic profile.
Nutrigenomics can empower you and provide you with the tools to be healthy at any size. It is evidenced based science, which possesses the potential to prevent, alleviate or even treat certain chronic diseases by making simple and slight changes to what we choose to eat. It is a multidisciplinary evidenced based science of how:
- Our food interacts with our genes
- Our genes determine our response to our food or certain chemicals found in our food
Nutritional genomics aims to stop health problems occurring in the first place. This is more than a one-size-fits-all dietary advice.
Should I have a Nutrigenomix test?
A few questions to ask yourself:
- Should cut back on caffeine?
- Do I want to reduce my personal risk for heart disease, diabetes, or high blood pressure?
- Am I at a greater risk for vitamins A, B12, C, D, E, or folate deficiency
- Do I have the MTHFR mutation (MTHFR mutation is a problem associated with poor methylation and enzyme production)?
- Am I tired of “trying” the latest fad diet or general population based nutrition recommendations?
- Am I sensitive to gluten?
- Am I planning or trying to become pregnant?
- Do I want to maximize my athletic performance?
How is the testing done?
This test is available only through qualified health care practitioners, including yours truly. In the office, I will collect a small sample of saliva which is used to isolate DNA. This test sample is analyzed through a company called Nutrigenomix. (see video above)
I’m so excited to offer these 45 genome comprehensive tests to my clients:
- Personalized Nutrition – See Brochure Online
- Optimize Sports Performance – See Brochure Online
- Personalized for Nutrition and Fertility – Coming Soon
Will my insurance cover the cost of the test?
Check with your insurance provider. Some providers may cover the cost of a consultation with a Registered Dietitian Nutritionists. If you have a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), you may use those funds to cover the costs of the testing.
- (1) – 45 Gene Test $398
- A 15 minutes Initial appointment. Brief intake paperwork, consent signed and collect and submit salvia DNA sample $50.00
- A 30 minutes consult to review results $120 (3-4 weeks after collection appointment)
- (1) Printed Report $20.00
Your Investment: $ 588.00 *
- Due at first appointment $418.00
- Insurance billable services with primary provider referral (referral does not guarantee coverage) $170.00
- Balance is due when results are provided
- If consults are more intensive or require follow up sessions, Additional consults available at $110 for 30 minutes each and are insurance billable eligible
Medical billing Receipts are available for all patients who would like to submit testing charges to their insurance
Flexible Spending Account accepted
Nutrigenomix meets all Federal and Provincial privacy standards